Thursday, February 4, 2010

Almost Home

Since September 20, 2009, I have not lived in my own home. I have either stayed with some very generous church members, or have been living at the North Campus. My family has been with me at the North Campus since the beginning of November.

On Monday, my family moved from the North Campus to our new home. We love it. However, our driveway has not been completed, and therefore we are living in a muddy mess.

My wife and I call it a good kind of muddy mess. It is good because we now have a home and are not living with a hundred other people at the North Campus. Even so, we still don't feel settled. We are a few more weeks away from being almost home, that is, to a place where everything is in place and in order.

I long to be settled in our home, but even when we are settled, I must remember that this earthly abode is not my true home. No, my true home is in God's kingdom, a kingdom that is now, but not yet.

I long for the day when Jesus returns and consummates his kingdom. I long for the day when my faith has been turned to sight, and all that I hope for is a reality.
I long for that day when Satan is cast into the lake of fire, and all the evil and sin in the world, and within me is gone. I long for that day when we are in eternal bliss in the presence of Jesus. Come Lord Jesus!

Until then, I will persevere knowing that everyday that passes means that I am almost home.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...