Saturday, March 9, 2024

Anglicanism?


In a recent newspaper article, Robert Cook, the rector of St. Andrews Anglican Church in Little Rock, discussed the three streams of Anglicanism, namely Scripture, Spirit, and Sacraments. Cook emphasized the importance of having a healthy balance of all three in our worship service and daily lives. This statement caught my attention because I tend to focus mainly on the Word and Spirit, and often neglect the sacraments. I am not happy about this and would like to make a change.

Cook stated that they hold a deep respect for the Holy Spirit's presence and influence in their lives, as well as the Spirit's work among themselves and in the community. They believe that all the gifts of the Spirit are still relevant and valuable.He has caught my attention! 

Consequently, I find myself captivated by the doctrines and teachings of the Anglican Church, and I am currently reading extensively on the subject. The first resource I encountered on this journey was "Simply Anglican" by Winfield Bevins, a book that provided valuable insights. Bevins, originally from a Baptist and Pentecostal background, has now embraced Anglicanism.

An obstacle has arisen in my research journey, specifically concerning the topic of infant baptism. However, I am not giving up just yet. I am determined to investigate this point thoroughly and see where it leads me, even though it is a challenging topic for me.

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...