Tuesday, January 23, 2018

What Do You Value?

It doesn't take long to figure out what a person values in life.  For example, if someone appreciates a clean house, he or she will go to significant measures to keep the house clean.  If a person values education, he or she will invariably be learning, even into the golden years.  Value motivates, inspires, and directs. 

Think about it this way: what you value translates into a passion, which results in purpose for your life.  Your life purpose motivates, inspires, and directs everything you do. 

The apostle Paul exemplifies this truth in his life. On one occasion he said, "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).  Paul's value of the gospel translated into a passion for the gospel, which resulted in his life purpose of testifying of the grace of God to the ends of the earth. 

What caught my attention is Paul's value for the gospel trumped the cost for his own life.  In other words, Paul was willing to face extreme conditions and even death for the sake of preaching and spreading the gospel. 

I'm asking the Lord to reveal anything in my life that I value more than him.   What do you value? 

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...