Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't Stop for God's Sake!

Last Monday, I started my eighth week of my couch to 5K running program. I did not want to run. My body and my mind were telling me not to run. I was about to give up when I looked up and saw one of my neighbors running toward me. Her presence, and knowing that she has completed the route encouraged me to go on.


Ten minutes later, I was ready to stop running again. Then, at just the right time, I saw the shadow of a runner coming up behind me. It was another neighbor running the same route I was running, even though his pace was much faster than mine. His presence was just what I needed to finish a three-mile run that I never wanted to start in the first place.


My experience caused me to start thinking about my church family. As followers of Christ, we are all in the race together, and we need each other to finish strong. We need to continually encourage one another to stay the course.


I found great satisfaction in finishing my three-mile run. And I owe a great thanks to the Lord for placing people around me to encourage perseverance. I am also thankful for the great people the Lord has put around me to continue to run the race called Christianity.

Be encouraged today. Don't stop running the race. The reward will far outweigh your temporary struggle.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...