Monday, September 5, 2011

Dear Church Family, It is with Great Sadness that I Submit...

Gotcha!


Yesterday, I shared some application questions after my sermon. I thought I would post some of them here and allow you to share. Here is the message outline and a few application questions. I would love to have some of your thoughts and testimonies about what God teaching in the area of obedience.


God’s Game Plan: Obedience

Proverbs 3:1-4


1. Obeying God is the basis for sustaining a right relationship with the Lord (1-2).

a. A right relationship begins with a covenant relationship with the Lord.

b. A right relationship is sustained by obeying God’s commands (1)

c. A right relationship results in a life well lived (2)

2. Loving God is the reason for sustaining a right relationship with the Lord (3-4)

a. God devotes his love to his children (3a)

b. God’ deserves love from his children (3a)

c. God demands loyalty from his children (3b)

3. Life Application Questions:


a. Share a story of how you have experienced God’s faithfulness and steadfast love in your life recently.


b. How are you doing in showing your love for God? Are there areas in your life keeping you from loving God the way you should? Is God moving you outside of your comfort zone?


c. Are you loyal to God? Are you encountering situations that may keep you from being faithful to the Lord?

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am learning that no matter what, God is in control. He never does anything to harm us. He is working all things for our good. I love Him so!

Dr. Patrick Mead said...

Judy,

Thank you for sharing. His steadfast love never ceases.

Allyson Petty said...

I am learning that God wants my time. In order to have a true, intimate relationship with him, I must commit my schedule to him.

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...