Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 3

Today is day 3 of my 21-day fast. This is not the first time that I have done an extended fast. In 2005 I did my first 21-day fast, and in 2008 I did a 40-day fast. Each time God has blessed me tremendously.

There are two things that the Lord has spoken to me about already in this fast. First, he reminded me of my first fast and how I fell so in love with Jesus I didn't care if I ever ate another bite of food again. I want to be in that place again. I want to be so satisfied with Jesus that nothing else matters.

Second, he spoke to me about my spiritual leadership at home. I need to be more intentional with my family. My wife needs not only to be prayed for, but also prayed with on a regular basis. I need to spend time with her and the girls in the word.

This time of fasting is a time for God to break all that needs to be broken in my life. I am confident that I have several idols that need to be removed from my heart. Lord, remove them no matter how painful it may be for your glory!

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...