Monday, January 4, 2010

Thoughts about Sunday

I am very excited and nervous about what God is going to say to First Southern from the book of Nehemiah. Excited because God is up to something. Nervous because God is up to something.

God has really been speaking to me through the sermons that I preached yesterday. I have grown accustom to my comfortable life and God seems to be messing it up. The fact that our house hasn't sold, and that we are living in a gym is what he is using to upset my comfort. I struggle with what God is doing. Even so, I realize that God is trying to teach me one thing: He must be first in my life. I must find my satisfaction in him alone.

Last night's sermon hit me hard also. I realize that pride is my worst enemy. Every sin that I commit is the outworking of me being in the place that only God belongs. Messiah, Save Me!

All I can do is submit to God, resist the devil, and draw near to God and humble myself. God will take care of me, and he will satisfy me with his unfailing love.

Life is hard, and God is good!

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...