Thursday, April 11, 2024

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apostle Paul did, or engaging in a wrestling match with God, like Jacob. It was an experience that undeniably felt like a divine intervention, leaving no doubt that God had visited at precisely the right moment. This is a question that many of us, as Christians, may have pondered at some point in our faith journey.

During a recent phone call, a rush of memories flooded my mind, bringing back vivid recollections of God’s comforting presence during a challenging period in 2016. While selling cars, I felt a constant weight of struggle in every aspect of my life. After resigning from my full-time pastorate, I worked tirelessly, devoting eighty hours a week to the dual demands of supporting my family and launching a new church. I was in deep contemplation, grappling with my faith and harboring anger towards God. Stepping out in faith, believing God was leading me, I never anticipated the deafening silence that filled the air. But then, through a series of events and encounters, I saw God's hand at work, guiding me and providing for my needs.

In 2016, on this specific day, I was at the back of the car dealership, venting my frustrations to God through tearful prayers. Just then, my phone rang, and I saw it was a call from my dear friend, Earl Hammons. To his surprise, his phone call was a divine visitation from God. His words of encouragement breathed new life into me, a moment I could never have predicted.

As soon as I ended the call with Earl, a sense of reassurance washed over me, affirming that God is always by my side, never abandoning me. The impact was immediate, and I felt a renewed sense of faith and strength.

This memory prompted me to contemplate the various instances when God has shown up in my life - whether to lend a hand during challenging times or steer me away from potential regrets. Reflecting on God’s works keeps us anchored in our faith journey, reminding us of his presence and involvement in our lives. It has taught me to trust in God's timing and to be open to the unexpected ways in which he may choose to reveal himself.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...