Saturday, January 27, 2024

Disappointed


I have been a lifelong Republican, but I am extremely disappointed with our current governor's leadership. It appears that she is manipulating the board of corrections and lacks the necessary skills to guide education in the right direction.

I recently discovered that an African American former Secretary of the Department of Corrections was paid $40,000 less than Joe Profiri, a white male. As a white male myself, I find this pay discrepancy troubling. It's alarming that only the Governor has control over Mr. Profiri's pay, and the Board of Corrections has no say in the matter.

During Leslie Rutledge's tenure as Attorney General, she paid her staff $30,000 more than the policy permitted. When an audit uncovered this, she claimed that she was unaware that the policy applied to the AG's office. 

And I haven't even touched on the character issues of Trump! If this is what the Arkansas Republican Party stands for, then I am afraid it's time to say goodbye.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...