Friday, January 12, 2024

An Open Letter to My Republican Representatives

 


Dear Senator Hammer and Representative Brooks,

I am a lifelong Republican, and I am writing to express my gratitude for your service to our district. I have lived in Arkansas for over 14 years and consistently appreciate the exceptional leadership you both provide. However, I have some concerns, and I am appealing to you to demonstrate your leadership in those areas.

First, both the Lieutenant Governor and Governor should be held accountable for their actions in terms of policy and the state constitution. An audit of the Lieutenant Governor's former office of Attorney General revealed that her staff was paid $30,000 more than what the positions were supposed to make. She responded, "I didn't know it applied to the Attorney General's office." This response is unacceptable.

Governor Sanders has disrespected our constitution by failing to follow the proper channels with the Board of Corrections. She ignored the board altogether about the Joe Profiri situation. Furthermore, she paid the secretary $40,000 more than the previous secretary, Soloman Graves. To make matters worse, in my opinion, the former secretary is African American, while Joe Profiri is white. As a white male, I have a big problem with the inequality of pay.

My wife is an educator, and many people in education face challenges with the LEARNS Act. Can we review the decisions made last year and evaluate their effectiveness? We don't want representatives who approve everything because they belong to the same political party. Thank you for your time.


Sincerely, 

Patrick Mead

Benton, Arkansas

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...