Tuesday, May 31, 2016

God through the Looking Glass

If you look up the term "Looking Glass," you will find this as one of its meanings: "being or involving the opposite of what is normal or expected."  This is a fitting definition to the experience I had at the movies the other night.

My family and I were able to go and see "Alice Through The Looking Glass"the other night.  It was a great movie, one that I will surely watch again.  But what has captivated me about the movie is not the movie itself, but the fact that the Lord used a statement in the movie to speak to me.   That's right, the Lord used a statement in the movie to get my attention to what he is doing in my life.   

I am at a place in my journey of faith where I am realizing that God actively speaking to us all the time, if we will just learn to listen.   I feel like the young prophet Samuel, who is just know recognizing God's voice beyond what we have in his Word, the voice of His Spirit whispering to my spirit.  

The statement that the Holy Spirit used to captivated was this: "Everything will become clear in the fullness of time."  It initially captivated me because it sounds like a Biblical statement.  For example, the apostle Paul said this about the coming of Christ, "But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son..." (Galatians 4:4).  Also, "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known" (1 Cor. 13:12).  But God used the statement to give me what many call a "Now" word.  

The Holy Spirit kept impressing upon me, as I watched the movie, "everything will be clear in the fullness of time."  It wasn't until today that I realized the Lord is once again bringing purpose and destiny to the season of life that I am in at this time.  I have done exactly what God has told me to do, and I am exactly where God wants me to be at this season in my life.  This is why I struggle with God concerning what he is doing in my life.  But God is up to something, and that something will become clear "in the fullness of time."  

Yes, the Holy Spirit whispered to my spirit in the movies the other night.  As a result, I am confident that my momentary season of suffering will not compare to the glorious future that is ahead.  There will come a moment in my life where I will fully realize this statement: "Everything will become clear in the fullness of time."  

And with that, I say, "Speak Lord, your servant is listening."  


No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...