Saturday, February 6, 2010

Salvation is Here, and He Lives in Me

This morning I have been contemplating what God did for me 20 years ago. It started around the Christmas holidays. I was loathing the person that I had become. I tried everything to make me happy, but only found that the things I tried were "incomplete joys." I wondered if I would ever be truly happy.

At that time, I started telling myself that I would never be happy until I became a Christian. Looking back, it was the Holy Spirit working within me, drawing me to Christ. I wanted what one of my brothers had, I wanted Jesus!

So, I started reading my Bible every night before I went to bed. I got to the fifth chapter of Matthew and God really started to speak. I started reading the Beatitudes, and as I read them, the Spirit of God said, "This is your brother." I started to weep, and kneeling by my bed, I simply prayed, "Jesus, I want to be a Christian, but I can't do it. I need your help." That prayer of surrender was the beginning of my new life in Christ.

I am so thankful for God's grace today. I am so thankful for his call upon my life. Today, I give thanks and praise to the my God, who does great and unsearchable things, miracles without limit.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...