Thursday, December 28, 2023

My Life Changing Encounter with Jesus

 


Have you ever undergone a transformation that completely altered your life? In my case, I am grateful for the ongoing transformation that Jesus continues to bring into my life. I feel blessed to have such a powerful force of love and positivity guiding me daily. 

Listen closely as I share how my life was transformed by putting my unwavering trust in Jesus Christ. The power of faith and belief in something greater than ourselves is truly remarkable, and I can attest to its positive impact on my life. Join me as I take you on this inspiring journey of transformation and hope. 

When I was 21 years old, I started my journey with Jesus. I was searching for true happiness, but unfortunately, I was looking in all the wrong places, people, and things. During this search, I heard a voice saying, "You won't ever be truly happy until you become a Christian." Eventually, I began to agree with the voice. 

After hearing a voice, the first thing I did was call my older brother, Greg. He and his wife had become Christians a few years before, and I had noticed a significant positive change in their lives. I wanted to experience what they had, so I asked my brother if he would like to do a Bible study with me. He was probably taken aback because he was silent for a few seconds but then agreed. 

During my first Bible study, Greg posed a thought-provoking question: If I were to stand before the Lord tonight and he asked me why he should let me into his heaven, what would be my response? My answer was straightforward but honest: I do not deserve to go to heaven, so he shouldn't let me in. 

I decided to take up the challenge of reading my Bible. However, I had to retrieve it from a storeroom. 

My journey of reading the Bible began with the gospel of Matthew. I decided to read a chapter every night before sleeping. During the fifth chapter of Matthew's gospel, I had my encounter with Jesus. 

While reading the Beatitudes, I realized I needed the Lord's help. In a moment of prayerful surrender, I humbly said to the Lord, "I desire to be a Christian, but I cannot do it on my own. I need your divine assistance." This simple yet earnest prayer began my transformational journey, which continues today. 

If you are searching for true happiness and fulfillment, I challenge you to turn to Jesus for the answer. Begin by reading the book of Matthew, and while doing so, ask the Lord to reveal the truth to you. According to the Bible, you will find Him if you seek the Lord with all your heart.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...