Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Are You a Pioneer?

God is looking for Pioneers

I’m at an interesting place in my faith journey.  I, without any doubt, have been called to be a pastor.  But, I have no desire to do what I have been doing the past 17 years.   I know, it sounds like I want to be a pastor, but I don’t want to be a pastor.  I want to be a pastor, but I don’t want to be a “business as usual” pastor.  What I mean is that I don’t want to make a comfortable life for me, or my family, while the rest of the world goes to hell.  I want to make a difference.  I want to be a part of a movement of God. 

With that said, I’m not surprised that over the last few days the Lord has been putting a word in my spirit.  The word is “pioneer.”  This morning, he impressed upon me to be a pioneer pastor.  What is a pioneer pastor? A pioneer pastor is a pastor who will risk everything for the advancement of the kingdom of God.  In my case, it is a pastor who begins or helps develop something new and prepares the way for others to follow.

God has given me a burden to plant a “Word” and “Power” Church.  It won’t be easy, but I believe God wants to overflow his people with his power and truth so that we can change the culture we live in for his glory. 

Of course, now I am praying for God to bring alongside of me pioneers; people who want to do something new, who want to be a part of a movement of God. 


No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...