Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Everyday God


Recently, I shared with a golf partner that I prayed for my golf game.  He laughed at me, thinking that I was kidding.  I wasn't. He then proceeded to tell me that he would never pray for his golf game because the Lord had more important things to deal with than a golf game. 

Now, I would agree with him about the importance of a golf game in the grand scheme of things.  However, I would disagree with the belief that God doesn't care about our golf game, or other insignificant matters. 

I believe in the providence of God; that is, God is involved in every aspect of our lives.  God didn’t just create the world and then leave us on our own.  No, he created the world and now is intimately involved with the world.  This means that though my golf game improving may not fulfill God’s eternal purposes, he still wants to be involved with the little details of life.  Why? Our God is an everyday God!  And I have a recent experience to illustrate my point.  

Back in February of this year, I was spending the morning hours with the Lord.  I was crying out to him about the struggles I have with my earthly father and how it has tragically influenced my view of my heavenly Father.  During this time of prayer, the Lord had an individual text me this verse, “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him”  (Psalm 103:13). Coincidence? No. Providence.  

God is an everyday God involved intimately with the details of our lives.  He will always be faithful to his people, and many times his faithfulness shown to his people comes through his people. 



No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...