Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gifts From God

Sometimes in the midst of intense struggles God will send you gifts to let you know that he hears you, and he is with you. Last week, God gave me two gifts all in one day. I was prayer walking early one morning and found myself wresting with regrets about past decisions. I was struggling with those decisions and wondering if I could move forward in my walk with God. While I am crying out to God in prayer, a song comes on my headphones that basically gave the answer I needed. The song was "The Blood" by Shane and Shane. It speaks about how the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all our sins. The moment the song started playing, I knew it was from God. It was his way of saying, "I love you, and I forgive you. Move forward." I started weeping with joy knowing that God was working in me and conforming me into the image of his Son.

Another struggle I was having in my prayer time was my preaching. I must admit that the last few months I have been under attack in the area of preaching. Some of the attacks have been external, and others internal. Within an hour of my prayer struggle with God, I received an email that I knew was a gift from God, one that encouraged me to persevere in my preaching.

I have decided to start praying for God to send little gifts to others just to let them know that he hears them and is with them.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...