Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God is at Work: A Family Focus Testimony


Last Wednesday, while driving back from a funeral in Dallas, the Lord impressed upon my heart the need to change my sermon. I had every intention to preach a sermon on marriage from the book of Malachi, but God had different plans.

The Lord led me to preach from 1 Timothy 6:17-19 about the need to make investments that last. After I preached the early service, a couple visiting our church stopped me and told me of their desire to invest into the Family Focus Offering. The wife wrote a check for $1000. I was able to share their story in the second service.

Yesterday, a wonderful church member called me to testify how God was using the sermon and the sacrificial gift of the visiting couple to speak to her family about their participation in the offering.

God is the one who will provide the $100,000 we need to do some much needed work on our facilities at First Southern. And the wonderful testimony of yesterday reminded me that God is working in the hearts of his people to give to this endeavor.

I am so excited that my family can go above and beyond our giving to reach our goal as a church, and even more excited to see what God is going to do in us and through us as a church family.

Pastor Patrick

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...