Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Princess, the Frog, and the Love of God

Last Friday, the family and I went to see Disney's "The Prince and the Frog." I loved the movie for a variety of reasons. The music was superb. My music taste is eclectic, and jazz fits into that eclectic taste. I thought the story was good story about finding contentment in what you need, and not what you want.

I must admit that the focus on voodoo was not my cup of tea, but at least there was a theme within the movie about light and darkness, which, in my opinion, gives further evidence of a moral code, and ultimately God.

What struck me about the movie was the princess realization that happiness was not found in what she wanted, but what she needed. She realized that what she needed was the love of the prince, and was willing to give up all her dreams on account of that love, even if it meant being a frog for the rest of her life. Once the princess surrendered to the love of the frog, she received everything that she ever wanted.

God wants his people to find satisfaction in his love and goodness. Are we willing to surrender all for his love, even if his love means being a frog forever? Do we realize that true satisfaction is found in God alone? Many of us will never get this truth or find that all-satisfying love because we pursue what we want instead of pursuing what we need. The only thing that will ever bring satisfaction and joy into our lives is God and his love. Anything else is incomplete and unsatisfying.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...