Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Beginning: Resolutions

Nehemiah is God's story of a new beginning. It is also our story of a new beginning. Studying the first two chapters of this great book has inspired me to make some resolutions for 2010:

I will seek God's glory in everything I do.

I will ask God to break my heart with what breaks his.

I will find my satisfaction in the Lord alone. Therefore, I will pray more, fast more, read more, meditate more, study more, and love more for God's glory.

I will lead God's people to a deeper understanding of corporate prayer.

I will lead God's people to focus on his mission and purpose and inspire them to participate in that purpose individually and corporately.

I will spend more time prayerfully discerning the will of God before I lead a church into action.

I will patiently wait for God's timing and opportunities, and not try to take things into my own hands.

I will consistently trust the Lord to provide.

I will not be intimated by the enemy, but will determine to stand firm in the Lord.

I will not allow activity to become a substitute for spiritual vitality.

I will examine and investigate things before I initiate them.

I will lead the church in understanding God's mission and purpose for First Southern and how to properly plan in fulfilling them.

I will seek the Lord constantly because without his powerful presence I can do nothing.

No comments:

Divine Visitation

Have you ever experienced a divine visitation that left you awestruck? I’m not referring to experiences like encountering Jesus, as the apos...